6 Ways Cosmetic Dermatology can Enhance Your Face
In your preteens and early 20s, you are naturally blessed with beautiful skin. Then you might have taken it for granted or set up a full skin care regimen to maintain it. All that consistent effort pays off in some cases while in some, even after a lot of energy, the skin starts showing the telltale signs of growing old. It can be either due to aging, sun exposure or just because of your genes. Once you cross the line, there is no going back. Or is there? If you are searching for ways to look younger, then cosmetic dermatology is your answer!
What is cosmetic dermatology?
Cosmetic dermatology is the use of skin-related procedures to enhance the appearance of the skin by correcting flaws like wrinkles, scar, and acne. Specially trained dermatologists perform cosmetic procedures.
There are a variety of treatment options available under cosmetic dermatology like:
- Botox: Botox injections are used to improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It is relatively well known these days as most celebrities rely on it to look younger.
- Dermal fillers: These injections contain Hyaluronic acid which mimics collagen in your body to add volume and shape to injected sites.
- Kybella: It is an FDA approved product to get rid of stubborn double chin fat.
- Cosmetic laser: This is an excellent procedure that targets acne scars, sun spots, spider veins, fine lines and even varicose veins. Cosmetic laser is also practical and extremely safe.
- PRP skin rejuvenation: For anyone looking to improve skin texture by gradually minimizing pores, fine lines and tightening the skin, this is a great option.
- Microneedling: This process stimulates your skin to produce more collagen which helps in tightening and improves scar appearance.
- Chemical peels: These peels help to remove the outer, dull and damaged layer of your skin to reveal your beautiful, radiant and youthful skin.
- Hydrafacial: It is for anyone needing a customized treatment. It involves multiple steps such as cleansing, exfoliating, extracting and restoring the health of your skin.
How do these procedures help you?
1. Removes scars
One of the most critical aspects of having healthy skin is having no scars. You may have had scars because of your acne or due to some injury – in which case it ends up becoming a reminder of your struggle. Laser treatments can effectively reduce the appearance of these scars and in some cases, even completely erase them.
2. Tightens the skin and reduces the appearance of pores
With age, your skin loses its elasticity causing fine lines to appear around your eyes and mouth. Moreover, the presence of large pores makes your skin look even more aged. The right skin treatment will fade away these lines and minimize your pores making your skin look youthful.
3. Improve skin texture
You can also opt for cosmetic procedures if you are looking to improve your skin texture and add a healthy glow rather than making any dramatic changes.
4. Reduces spots, blemishes, and discoloration
Sun exposure, aging, or problems with skin pigmentation can leave you with unwanted red or brown colored spots. In addition, you may even have unwanted freckles. Laser treatments can correct these spots and pigmentation to give you even-toned, flawless skin.
5. Reduces the appearance of veins
These small spider veins caused by sun exposure or sometimes unhealthy lifestyle, which are visible through the skin can be an eyesore. Even the appearance of varicose veins is unwanted. These can be reduced to a large extent or also removed with the help of laser.
6. Improves your confidence level
Beautiful looking skin can be your best accessory. Having a smooth, even toned and glowing skin will not only make you feel better about yourself, but it will also boost your confidence. You don’t have to shy away from socializing or feel like an old person.
Trying Cosmetic Dermatology
Cosmetic dermatology can enhance your face in some ways. Also, it offers you a variety of treatment options which, with the help of a certified professional, you can choose and customize as per your needs.