3 Double Chin Causes and Treatments
As we age, the skin starts to lose its elasticity. This can lead to the development of extra or saggy skin that can result in an unwanted a double chin. Weight gain and poor diet are also one of the double chin causes. While weight gain is not always the cause of a double chin, it most definitely contributes.
OMG, Am I Really Aging?
First noticing a double chin develop when looking in the mirror may indicate weight gain and even the onset of obesity, though this is not always the case. The good news is that many exercises targeting the fat under the chin and neck are ready to help in solving this unsightly problem. Various treatment plans are available too, these we analyze later in this article.
Leading Causes of Double Chins
1. Diet and Weight Gain – A double chin is not always down to weight gain issues, but it can contribute to it. Diets high in calories, processed foods, and – dare we say it – junk food are likely to influence weight gain and a developing double chin. Planning a healthier diet is a good start.
2. Genetics Play a Role – Genes certainly play a role in the unwanted development of a double chin. Anyone with a family history of skin with little elasticity or double chins are more likely to develop this disorder themselves. Common botox treatment areas are one effective method to treat wrinkles, but not double chins. Consult your health practitioner if this describes your situation.
3. Posture is Also Important – Incorrect posture can result in muscle and joint alignment issues, resulting in pain. This applies to the neck and head muscles and vertebrae too, when crippling pain can set in after adopting the wrong posture while sitting at a desk, for example. There are exercises that will help you improve your posture. A session with your preferred health practitioner could help identify double chin causes and treatment.
Exercise to Challenge Double Chin
With plenty of exercises on offer to check double chin causes, you simply need to manage this easy-to-use program. Speak to your health practitioner to understand the best exercises to rectify your condition.
They will target the muscle groups of the neck and face, as working these muscles could help reduce fat in these areas. This could prove important in reversing unwanted double chin features. Remember to warm up the muscles in the target area to avoid injury.
There are many alternative treatment options to address your double chin causes if the above advice does not work for you. Consult your health practitioner to find the best solution for you. You could start by:
- Reviewing Your Diet – Better nutrition and a balanced diet should help reduce the double chin phenomena. There are also other health benefits of eating well. Consult with your health professional before embarking on lifestyle changes.
- Increasing Water Intake – Adding fruits (melons) and vegetables (cucumbers) rich in water can help in the removal of toxins from the body. Drinking lots of water before consuming food also helps reduce weight.
Kybella Injections for Reversing Double Chin Causes
Kybella injections have the approval of the FDA – US Food and Drug Administration. The procedure – under anesthetic – takes approximately 15 minutes. The total program consists of 2-4 treatments, spaced around 4 to 6 weeks apart and the results are permanent.
Unlike surgical interventions to reverse unwanted double chin causes, opting for the Kybella program is non-invasive. After the first treatment, the body’s natural inflammatory response may cause the treatment area to appear larger than before treatment, but this condition is temporary.