Fractional Laser Resurfacing Treatment
If you've tried every wrinkle cream, fading gel, and skin serum available and want to find a faster and more effective way to reduce discoloration and fine lines, the fractional laser treatment is for you. There's a reason people can't stop singing the praises of this skin resurfacing procedure. This laser resurfacing treatment is a non-invasive, microscopic laser that smoothes wrinkles, evens skin tone, diminishes the appearance of scars, and fades brown spots.
So, how does it work? Fractional lasers outfitted with a diffractive lens safely create thousands of small wavelengths that penetrate deep into the skin. This laser treatment will refresh and rejuvenate by building new collagen and stimulating elastin. Following the treatment, there's some downtime (about five days), but the results are well worth it. From smoothing the texture of your skin to eliminating pigment caused by sun damage, the results of laser resurfacing are instant and incredible.
We strive to be fair and transparent about our pricing at San Diego Botox. The number of laser resurfacing treatments needed depends on which area(s) you want to focus on and the desired outcome.
Laser Resurfacing Treatment Price
$675 SDBotox Prime per area
LASER RESURFACING TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Don't wear makeup on the day of the treatment.
- Avoid any treatments that may irritate the skin 1-2 weeks before your appointment - waxing, depilatories, etc.
- If a rash, cut, or bruise appears in the treatment area, we recommend rescheduling your appointment until your skin can heal.
- Stop using any retinoids - peels, acids, and products that cause skin sensitivity for a week prior to the treatment.
- If you're having a severe breakout, let the team at San Diego Botox know. Your treatment may have to be postponed until the acne calms.
- Immediately after treatment, the skin will be red and feel sensitive and sunburned. Five to seven days after laser resurfacing, your skin may become dry and peel. New skin will form after the treated area has peeled. This skin will at first appear pink. It should begin to lighten up gradually.
- Redness typically lasts 1-2 weeks, and mild pinkness may be prolonged.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be pinpoint bleeding. There may also be some facial swelling, particularly around the eye area.
- Cleanse the treatment area as instructed by the team at SD Botox.
- Patients are encouraged to sleep on an extra pillow at night to help reduce the swelling for the first four days after the procedure.
- You may need to apply a cool compress or a wrapped ice pack for 15 minutes every 1-2 hours as needed during the first 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid activities (including exercising) that can cause flushing for two weeks after treatment.
- Avoid aggressive facial treatments for four weeks and any topical products that may irritate for six weeks following treatment.
- If blistering, crusting, or scabbing develops, call the office. Do not pick or attempt to remove scabs as this may cause infection or scarring.
- Apply a thin layer of A & D ointment, Aquaphor (or any approved occlusive moisturizer), or antibiotic ointment (such as bacitracin) to the area twice a day until the skin heals.
- Daily sunscreen application is necessary after recovering to protect the newly laser resurfaced skin. A "broad-spectrum" sunscreen, which screens ultraviolet B and ultraviolet A rays, is recommended after laser skin resurfacing. A sunscreen specifically formulated for use on the face should be chosen, with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30.
- Liberal moisturizer application is also recommended after healing. Patients may resume the application of tretinoin or glycolic acid products around six weeks after laser resurfacing or as directed by a doctor.
Sign up today to receive promotions and special offers!