intense pulse light
As you age, your skin loses elasticity, firmness, tone, and texture. Many factors contribute to the aging process, like sun exposure, diet, and genetics. Different skin treatments exist to combat the effects. However, one treatment rises above for its effectiveness and quick results.
IPL, or intense pulse light, is a cosmetic skin procedure that is used to restore the skin’s youthful appearance. It works by transmitting intense light deep into the skin. As it pulses, the light absorbs into both the blood or the melanin. This spectrum then treats any lesions or pigmentation in the skin. The body naturally works to heal the areas treated, resulting in various positive benefits. The light uses gentle pulsing to combat pigmentation, reduce the effects of aging, and even stimulate the growth of collagen. The results are even-toned, younger looking skin with a healthy glow.
This gentle, non-invasive treatment offer patients beautiful results with minimal downtime and side effects. Although it requires more than one session, IPL treats various areas of the body including the face, chest, and neck. It is a comprehensive skin therapy that takes care of several problem areas at once.
IPL Pre-Treatment Instructions
- If you have or are currently suffering from cold sores, let your doctor know. A prescription is needed in order to get rid of any infection and eliminate the chance of developing sores post-treatment.
- If a rash, cold sore, or blemish appears in the treatment area, it is recommended that the appointment is rescheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
- Unless instructed otherwise, avoid using products with Retin-A, retinoids, Vitamin A, harsh exfoliating scrubs, and bleaching creams 3 days before and 3 days after treatment.
- Discontinuation of Accutane must occur 4 to 6 months prior to treatment.
- For men, it is recommended to shave the treatment area 1 day before the appointment. If a procedure is conducted in areas like the beard, there is a risk of hair loss.
- DO NOT apply products on the treatment area prior to the appointment, this includes makeup, lotion, perfume, etc.
- It is recommended that you avoid any type of sun exposure 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment. Sun exposure may cause undesired side effects and make pigmentation worse.
- Avoid Botox 1 week prior and 1 week after treatment
- Avoid fillers 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after treatment
- To prevent bruising, consider taking Arnica for 1 week before the procedure. Allocate 5 tablets under the tongue 3 times a day.
IPL After Care
- After treatment, apply provider recommended sunscreen every 2 hours for any type of outdoor activity such as driving.
- Avoid using scented cleansers or exfoliants, instead use a gentle cleanser recommended by your provider.
- DO NOT pick, rub, or scratch any scabs that may form, as it causes scarring and/or pigmentation.
- DO NOT shave treatment until after the skin is completely healed.
- Avoid extreme heated temperature for 24 hours after treatment, this includes hot showers, saunas, jacuzzis.
Our IPL Pricing
Face, Chest, Neck
We accept all major credit cards as well as CareCredit. There is no minimum required.
Sign up today to receive promotions and special offers!