AKA Collagen Induction Therapy
Over time, genetic and environmental factors cause our skin to age visibly. Collagen is lost, and elasticity diminishes.
Microneedling is a process also known as Collagen Induction Therapy.
During the procedure, small needles cause superficial damage to the skin, stimulating skin cell regeneration. As the skin heals, new collagen forms, causing the skin to thicken and tighten. Traditional facials will have you looking great for a few days, but microneedling lasts much longer. Microneedling creates overs 500,000 channels within the epidermis through which a selection of topical serums could be applied with immediate delivery to the deeper layers of your soft skin.
A decrease in fine lines and wrinkles makes your skin look radiant and smooth. The texture and firmness of your face improve, and scars, stretch marks, and pore size all diminish. Microneedling may be the brand-new, more advanced option to derma-rollers, providing a far more effective and much less traumatic treatment.
Initial results post-treatment are temporary redness, and peeling or flaking of skin. This could last for a couple of days as the old layer of skin begins to shed. After a few more days, the former skin is gone, and new youthful skin emerges.
The ultimate goal of this procedure is to not only treat the pre-existing wrinkles and scars but to penetrate below the surface before new wrinkles form. In turn, aged skin is replaced by healthier, renewed skin. Regular microneedling treatments several times per year will dramatically improve not only the appearance of your skin but more importantly, the overall health of your skin.
Our professional clinicans only uses state of the art equipment in our microneedling procedures. SkinPen® by Bellus Medical has been clinically shown to produce improvements in the appearance of facial scars and wrinkles among all skin types. Not only that, but SkinPen is also the first-ever microneedling device to be cleared by the FDA. At SDBotox, we guarantee the utmost safety and care to our patients. Our aim is for you to feel amazing in your skin.
We use sterile micro-needles to create a numerous small holes in your epidermis leading to the release of serum growth factors which stimulate the breakdown of aged fibrous collagen and stimulate brand-new collagen and elastin development.
After a treatment your body will begin to regenerate and repair the skin naturally, working below the top in the dermis. This does take time as new collagen is formed, new skin cells are produced and the supply of blood is enhanced. Normally it takes up to 6 weeks before noticeable indicators of regeneration and restoration are seen and the procedure will continue over the next months, offering you a long and a natural lasting enhancement.
Mirconeedling After Care
- Do not wash face until the following morning.
- After 48 to 72 hours following treatment, the client can return to a regular skincare regimen.
- Do not use sunscreen for 12 hours following treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rich with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.
- For at least 2 hours post-treatment, do not use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as 'active' skincare.
- Wear SPF 30 or above at all times.
- Avoid any intentional or direct sun exposure or heat for a week.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment
- Mineral makeup is advised, no other makeups for the first 48 hours.
- Immediately following the procedure the skin will feel tight, dry, swollen, and sensitive to the touch.
- Best results are seen if done in a series of 3, spaced 4 -6 weeks apart and then every 6 months for maintenance.
$300 SDBotox Prime one session
Microneedling Package of 4
$1000 SDBotox Prime
We accept all major credit cards as well as CareCredit. There is no minimum required.
Sign up today to receive promotions and special offers!